Last Updated: 2019-09-07 22:13
Work In Progress
- In Defense of the Obvious
- Rejecting the immediate gut response
- Reasons why obvious advice is good
- Pushing for Practicality
- If the point of advice is to act on it, how might you act on it?
- Asking questions about usability, examples
- Analogous Expectations
- Mental skills are procedural, not declarative
- Sports, other skills
- Operationalizing, avoiding conceptual pitfalls
- Q: What sort of advice does the above meta-advice select for/against?
- For: Advice with actionable components, things that you can do.
- Against: Advice that's about mindset changes, things about intuitions.